Welcome to the Ticonderoga High School Guidance Office
Mr. Eric Heckman-Guidance Counselor
Ms. Sarah Ellsworth-Guidance Counselor
Mrs. Rebecca Moore-Guidance Office Secretary
OFFICE HOURS: 7:30-3:00 M-F
TICONDEROGA HIGH SCHOOL
5 CALKINS PLACE
TICONDEROGA, NY 12883
PHONE: 518-585-7400 EXT 1207
College Board High School Code Number: 335 565
Upcoming Events: (Dates are subject to change)
AP Payment Schedules - First payment will be due in January - stay tuned for a letter at the end of December
SENIORS - Please check the bulletin boards in Guidance for important deadlines, college visits, etc.
SAT dates offered at other schools: 12/1/18, 3/9/19, 5/4/19
SAT Spring Date: June 1, 2019 at Ticonderoga High School - registration deadline May 2, 2019
College Enrollment Deposits Due: May 1, 2019 (does not apply to community colleges)
Graduation: June 22, 2019
Need to Meet With a Counselor?
If you need to meet with a Guidance Counselor, please call the Guidance Office and schedule an appointment. Counselor schedules are unpredictable. Scheduling an appointment guarantees time for both you and the counselor to meet. Please call 585-7400, ext. 1207 to schedule.
Need a Transcript?
Attention Alumni! If you need a copy of your transcript there are two (2) ways to get one: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (518) 585-7400, ext. 1207. Please include the following information:
- Name (at the time of graduation).
- Year of graduation.
- Number you can be reached at.
- If you need an official or unofficial copy.
- Address of where the transcript needs to be sent and whose attention it needs to be directed to if applicable.
- Please allow 5-7 business days for processing and mailing during the school year.
**Please note that official transcripts must be mailed directly to the employer or college that is requesting them. Unofficial transcripts can be mailed to you. **
The Guidance Office:
- Assists students with preparation and submission of college applications
- Collaborates with teachers and staff to facilitate student success
- Coordinates Advanced Placement (AP), Preliminary Scholastic Aptitude Test (PSAT), American College Testing (ACT) and Scholastic Aptitude Testing (SAT) programs
- Coordinates applications for local, state and national college scholarships
- Facilitates annual academic planning sessions with each student
- Implements career awareness programming in all grade levels
- Guides students in their decision making processes concerning academic, career, and personal goals
- Maintains a College and Career Resource Library
- Provides assistance to students seeking employment opportunities during and after their high school career
- Orientation for students new to Ticonderoga High School
- Support for students and their families
- Individual and Group counseling
- Crisis Intervention
Career Cruising is an industry-leading online career guidance and planning system. People of all ages use our tools to find the right career, explore education and training options, and build their own portfolio.
Registrations for the ACT exam.
Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). All students interested in financial aid for college will need to complete this form.
The PROFILE form is administered by the College Scholarship Service (CSS), the financial aid division of the College Board. The CSS PROFILE is required by many private colleges and universities to determine your eligibility for non-government financial aid, such as the institution's own grants, loans and scholarships
Online available scholarships