Fact sheets on our toughest challenges
Want to learn more about some of the biggest challenges schools throughout New York State are facing? If so, please take a few moments to read through the fact sheets below: (click on the corresponding title or view the related files below to open the PDF)
The Three Tax Levy Numbers
An explanation of the three different tax levy figures that school districts will be talking about.
New Rules for Budget Votes
Explains the new supermajority and contingency rules.
Mandates & Mandate Relief
Explains what mandates are and recaps the on-going efforts to provide relief.
Property Tax Cap Brochure
The Property Tax Cap Brochure is a resource to help explain New York’s property tax levy cap.
Gap Elimination Adjustment
The attached Q&A document works to help explain how the state's Gap Elimination Adjustment affects schools.
Three Years of the Tax Cap-Impact on School Districts
The attached document was provided by the NYS Comptroller and reviews the impact of the Tax Cap on school districts.
2018-2019 Budget Time Table
- March 20, 2018-Budget Workshop
- April 10, 2018-Special Meeting Regarding the Budget
- April 16, 2018-Petitions due from Candidates for Board of Education-District Clerk's Office by 4:00 pm
- April 19, 2018-Hearing on Proposed 2018-2019 Budget
- April 20, 2018-Property Tax Report Card Submission
- May 1, 2018-Public Release of Copies of the Proposed 2018-2019 Budget
- May8, 2018-Voter Registration at High School Lobby & Hague Community Center (1:00-5:00 pm)
- May 8, 2018-Public Hearing on the Budget
- May 9, 2018-Budget Notice
- May 15, 2018-Vote on Proposed 2015-16 School Budget & Election of Members to the Board of Education