COVID-19 Update 7/16/2020
The District continues to monitor the daily changes in the situation and all related guidance. Our buildings remain closed to the public until further notice.
Planning for the next school year and how best to reopen has been underway. There are new unanticipated situations and questions continue to arise each day. Many unanswered questions remain. Governor Cuomo’s office, working in conjunction with the Department of Health, the State Education Department and the Board of Regents, is expected to provide all schools in the state with guidelines within a few days. We are hoping that these will provide clarity for planning.
While we wait for this guidance, the District is in the process of designing a number of possible scenarios for reopening:
To reduce the number of individuals in the buildings at a time:
We have gained a great deal of insight from our experience this past spring and are incorporating what we have learned into these plans.
As we are provided more detailed guidelines, the District will layout each scenario in greater detail. Updates will be posted on the District website.
Your concerns and ideas for how best to manage a safe return for your child and the children of our District are welcome. Please feel free to outline your ideas in an email to me and I will share them with the team working through this process, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interim Superintendent of Schools